1) Hirer acknowledges that the trailer is fit for his/her purposes and is in good condition and undertake to return it and it’s accessories in the same condition. Fair wear and tear is expected, to the place and on the date due back.
2) Trailers and accessories not returned will be charged for at the manufacturer’s current price list + £20 admin fee.
3) The hirer shall ensure that the trailer will not be used:
- For hire
- For any illegal purposes.
- Outside England and Wales or otherwise without consent.
- Will not lend, sell or otherwise part with the trailer.
4) The hirer shall fully and completely indemnify the owner in respect of all claims by any person, whomsoever, for injury to person or property, caused by or in connection with, by arising out of the use of the trailer.
5) The hirer shall insure, using his own insurance, all risks of loss or damage to the trailer during the period of hire, whilst the trailer is both attached to and detached from the vehicle.
If taken overseas, comprehensive cover including recovery back to Local Trailer Hire is required.
6) The hirer shall be liable as owner, of the vehicle in respect of any of the following offenses which may be committed with respect to that vehicle when it is stationary and when fixed penalty notice is issued; being on the road during hours of darkness without the lights or reflectors required by law, waiting or being left parked, or being loaded or unloaded in a road, and the non payment of the charge made at a street parking place.
7) The hirer agrees to pay on demand:
- The rental charge for the trailer and accessories.
- The excess amount in respect of each incident resulting in damage to or loss of the trailer, its accessories or any property left stored or transorted in the trailer.
8) The hirer shall inform the hiring company when the equipment is in need of repair or adjustment and not authorise any person other than the hiring company to carry out any repairs or adjustments.
9) The period of one days hire runs from 8.00am to 8.00am the next day. Should the hirer not return the trailer at the agreed time the hirer will pay to the hirers company a penalty charge at a tariff equal to one quarter of the daily tariff for each hour over the agreed time.
Tow Vehicle – Must be fitted with a 50mm ball, also a 7 or 13 pin lighting socket wired to international standards.
Identification – All hirers will be required to present their valid driving license and insurance certificates.
Deposits – Credit cards only.
Accessories – Supplied with the hire is a spare wheel and a lock.